Tuesday, August 7, 2007

SP11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like most wools, or wool blends and alot of the new natural fibers, bamboo, soy,etc.. I do not like synthetics/acrylics.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a felted bag w/compartments.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I learned to crochet first and that was when I was in grade school so lets say 35 years ago. Knitting is newer to me, maybe the last 5-6 years. I consider myself intermediate, I knit for the relaxation and fun, not to win a contest.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an amazon account, but not a wish list.

5. What's your favorite scent? Patchouli, Have worn this scent since the late '70's.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Sweet tooth, yes, favorite candy, can't say I hae one of those, but I do love chocolate

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I weave, spin, , knit, crochet and felt.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I have an iPod, I listen to a variety of music. Kt Tunstall, Niko Case,
Bob Marley, Santana, Todd Rundgren, Pink Floyd, Mary Chapin Carpenter, that is just to name a few.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? No color I can't stand. I like fun happy colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married with 4 kids (only 2 at home now, and 3 dogs.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like to knit bags and then felt them.

13. What are you knitting right now? A scarf.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circular needles, bamboo or other wood.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? A crocheted baby blanket that I was making for my sister-in-law, that now her son is probably 8.

18. What is your favorite holiday? 4th of July

19. Is there anything that you collect? Not really.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None right now, in the past I have had Interweave Knits, Spin-off, and Handwoven.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Mobius

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I have knitted socks, I seem to only knit the first one, then never finish the second. I wear a size 10 shoe.

23. When is your birthday? July 20

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? No, I am on the wait list.


No comments: