Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday


This is what I made Friday.

It is so amazing how fast time can slip by, unless your sitting in a doctors office waiting room, or exam room. Then time seems to stand still. The past two weeks I have been waiting in different waiting rooms with my husband while he gets blood drawn, ultrasounds taken, and has an MRI done. Oh, and also an endoscopy, how could I forget that. He had to have conscious sedation for the procedure, so when they were done and he was 'coming out of it', he would say the most funny things. Later that evening when we were home, he had absolutely NO recollection of the procedure, the recovery, the drive home. The most recent waiting room was in the surgeons waiting room then his exam room, then the scheduler's office.
The MRI was fine,the endoscopy was normal, the abdominal ultrasound revealed gallstones, some adhered to the wall of the gallbladder so he is going to have that removed next Friday, the 31st. We were hoping a little sooner, like yesterday, as that is what would have worked for his and mine schedule but didn't seem to work for the surgeons schedule.
I have to say, I will be so happy for that gallbladder to come out, because it is making DH quite cranky. He gets fatigued very easily,doesn't have an appetite, not that he isn't hungry, he will take a couple bites and then is full. He burps all the time, and has a fullness in his upper abdomen along with a dull ache.
Yesterday, I made homemade chicken soup and butter bread. The butter bread was a recipe from a friend. She braids her bread, so I did too. I made the meal in hopes it would make DH feel better. Not sure if it worked, but it was good.
The knitting that has been going on has taken place while waiting for the tests that have been going on with DH. I have to start going thru my stash and find something to start a mans sweater, I really like the one in the Fall Interweave Knits. I think I may have some yarn already. I also need to finish the socks I have on the needles. Today is the 'Sip,Sit and Knit'. It is a group me and a friend started about 2 years ago. The meeting time is 1p-5p, and it is at a local coffee shop. (not Starbucks which would have been my choice-they have the best cafe mochas).
Anyway, better go.

No comments: